Extra, Extra: Clash of the Frozen Yogurts and Mayor Tony's Deteriorating Press Relations
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gee, I wonder what tipped them off: California transportation officials will immediately inspect 69 of the state's most vulnerable steel-deck bridges.
- And the frozen yogurt wars rage on...
- A man, believed to be a property caretaker, was fatally mauled by a dog on Ving Rhames' property.
- How desperate can you get? Fox News is offering Republicans $15 to attend an upcoming taping of the "Half Hour News Hour" - a right-wing (and shoddy) version of "The Daily Show."
- KTLA anchor Hal Fishman, who was placed in the hospital earlier this week after collapsing at his home, has been diagnosed with colon cancer.
- No love lost between Mayor Tony and the press: a Spanish-language reporter was shoved into a steel container by a Port of L.A. police offer during a press briefing this morning.
- Any 'LonelyGirl15' fans out there? The first season of the show just wrapped up today.
- The LAPD will deploy camera crews to follow its officers through major incidents to prevent the types of excesses that took place in the MacArthur Park fight.
- Oakland police offers raided a local bakery linked to a controversial black Muslim organization, seizing a cache of weapons and ammunition and detaining as many as 19 individuals.
- Eric Hainstock, a Wisconsin 16-year-old, was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for gunning down his high school principal.