Extra, Extra: Brotherly Love
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- It's FREE TACO DAY at Taco Bell! Considering it's 6pm now, you're a bit too late too collect, but hopefully you took part.
- The Gold brothers are polar opposites. Mark is the Executive Director of Heal the Bay while his brother, Jonathan, is the "whale-eating" Pulitzer Prize winning food writer for the LA Weekly. You could imagine their views are slightly different, and Mark recently vented online, recapped by LA Observed.
- You're not alone when the cops tell you to bring the party inside in the wee hours of the morning. Kate Hudson's celebrity ridden costume party was busted by The Fuzz Saturday night because things got a little too loud for her Brentwood neighbors.
- A jarbled, convoluted story leans toward the fact that an Anaheim police officer may have shot a 20-year-old man for no reason. Let's not jump to conclusions, take a look for yourself.
- A motorcycle chase on the 57 freeway ended without injury when the driver surrendered himself. Speeds of up to 110 were reached in the 15 minute chase.
- Back in 1996 there was a shooting at a party and Mario Rocha was not the shooter, but he did wrongly serve 10 years behind bars. 12 years and an arduous trial later, a judge in his case decided to not retry the case today, thus clearing Rocha of all charges. Rocha was released on bail in 2006, but tonight, he can finally sleep as a truly free man.
- Barack and McCain may be the big decision on November 4th's ballot, but the Prop's on the ticket hit home. Prop T opponents got some more support today from the Santa Monica Dispatch. The Dispatch says, "we prefer our existing processes, city council, planning, and all the ways in which Santa Monica organizes itself....Vote NO."
- Why is traffic in LA worse as the week goes on? No, seriously, why?