Extra, Extra: Shadowed by Jupiter
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The Hottie and the Nominee -- Scarlet Johansson is "engaged to Barack Obama."
- There won't be a woman running the country, but OC Residents will have a woman heading the police force for the first time in history. Sandra Hutchens, retired Los Angeles Sheriff's Department division chief, beat out Santa Ana Police Chief Paul Walter 3-2, to clinch the job.
- An update on Special Order 40 - A judge heard arguments today for and against Special Order 40 and expects to have a written ruling "in the very near future."
- All you night owl's and stargazers, get out your telescopes with theScience Dude to watch Jupiter's largest moon, Ganymede, disappear in the planet's shadow around 1:45 a.m. tonight. No word on if the disappearance will lower gas prices.
- Zev and the Art of Yaroslavsky Maintenance; The LA Times takes you inside six stories of weight loss, including L.A. County Supervisor, Zev Yaroslavsky.
- Pastagina, an "affordable gourmet pasta” is opening three locations throughout downtown. "Is there really a need for that much mediocre pasta in one area?" EaterLA asks.
- Don't forget to register to win tickets to see Rilo Kiley!