Extra, Extra: Shadowed by Jupiter
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The Hottie and the Nominee -- Scarlet Johansson is "engaged to Barack Obama."
- There won't be a woman running the country, but OC Residents will have a woman heading the police force for the first time in history. Sandra Hutchens, retired Los Angeles Sheriff's Department division chief, beat out Santa Ana Police Chief Paul Walter 3-2, to clinch the job.
- An update on Special Order 40 - A judge heard arguments today for and against Special Order 40 and expects to have a written ruling "in the very near future."
- All you night owl's and stargazers, get out your telescopes with theScience Dude to watch Jupiter's largest moon, Ganymede, disappear in the planet's shadow around 1:45 a.m. tonight. No word on if the disappearance will lower gas prices.
- Zev and the Art of Yaroslavsky Maintenance; The LA Times takes you inside six stories of weight loss, including L.A. County Supervisor, Zev Yaroslavsky.
- Pastagina, an "affordable gourmet pasta” is opening three locations throughout downtown. "Is there really a need for that much mediocre pasta in one area?" EaterLA asks.
- Don't forget to register to win tickets to see Rilo Kiley!