This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Blame Your Fat Friends, Courtney's New Face and the Sultan of Sleaze
- Two people were killed and four critically injured in an explosion at a test site for small rocket engines at Mojave Airport in Kern County.
- Will Villaraigosa intervene on behalf of NBC Universal — corporate parent of Telemundo — and its new $3-billion development plan?
- Courtney Love reveals on her MySpace blog that she wants her old face back.
- Oops: leaked memo reveals that Home Depot tried to stack a City Council meeting with supporters of its proposed expansion into the Sunland Tujunga area.
- New deal may avert a potentially crippling strike by port clerks at the Long Beach and L.A. shipping centers.
- The continuing budget impasse in the State Senate may put a hold on several transportation projects.
- Federal authorities nab Sultan of Sleaze for attempting to extort Tomkat.
- Republican senators put a conservative spin on a plan for universal healthcare.
- At least four of the "50 Most Beautiful People on Capitol Hill" came to D.C. from the L.A. area.
- Michael Vick pleads not guilty to accusations of orchestrating a dog fighting ring.
- It's not you, it's your buddy's fault: new study finds obesity spreads through friends.
- Kaiser Permanente to be slapped with fine for not thoroughly investigating physician performance, patient complaints and questionable care.
- "Lost" fans rejoice: Michael will be back for the show's fourth season.