This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - Beer's the Secret to Blogging
- Are you a racist? Are you sure? Take this quiz and find out - Harvard.edu
- Two Chatsworth High baseball players drafted in the first round of the MLB draft - Daily News
- Lede of the day: "Two false eyelashes. A maroon-colored toilet. Brandy snifters, burning candles, a Viagra three-pack and a box of Mylanta tablets. These formed part of the tableau de l’amour that cops and coroners found at Phil Spector’s Pyrenees Castle before the dawn of February 3, 2003." - LA Weekly
- Richie Sambora, come on down, you're the next celeb to enter rehab - Defamer
- MTA to add eight new Rapid lines through town - LA Times
- Have we told you that the new executive director of the LA World Airports (LAX, Ontario, and others) will get a salary of $350,000? - AP
- Tyra Banks is moving her show to New York. SO WHAT - TV Week
- Best Myspace layouts to make your Myspace not look like Myspace - Mashable
- Something we can get behind: How Beer is the secret to good Blogging - Copyblogger
- Even at 80, Hef has the hottest chicks in his mansion worried that he will think they're ugly - Elle
- NBC says it will do "anything" to get Rosie to come to the network. Did someone say Krispy Kreme franchise in Burbank? - Fox News
photo of "Not Open Yet" by Eric Richardson of a sign on the Post Office in the Security Lofts building at 5th & Spring