Extra Extra: False Alarms and Fat Asses
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- This is why we do all of our Christmas shopping online: first the FBI reported possible terrorist threats to Chicago and Los Angeles malls this holiday season, then took it back.
- Hey kids! You too can grow up to be a pervert with a social conscience! Dov Charney just signed on for a deal with American Apparel's partner company that could net him millions per year.
- A Small World it's not: Disneyland is remodeling its infamous ride to make the water deeper and the boats more, uh, load-bearing. Disney is insisting that fatter passengers are not to blame.
- Nikki Finke has a suggestion for studios worrying about all that lost revenue during these troubled times: "If anyone in Los Angeles city government had a brain, they’d market the hell out of this. All 15 strike locations could be the next big attractions and the city a giant theme park featuring actors supporting writers".
- The woman who allegedly ran down and killed a pregnant woman in South LA this week has been charged with capital murder. She is being held without bail.
- God, no, not the JELLY BELLIES! A massive security breakdown and internal smuggling may account for the theft of thousands of objects from the Ronald Reagan Library.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa -- the NuWilshire is closing today? It's a beautiful little theater, let's hope Landmark does something worthy with it.
- Real estate might be taking a nose dive in California, but the luxury home market is still doing just find and dandy, thanks to our legions of ridiculously wealthy movie stars like Tom Cruise and the Beckhams!
Photo of Third Street Promenade by Ross Reyes for LAist