Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- "It is time to turn the page," said President Barack Obama in a speech tonight announcing the end of the combat effort in Iraq. Nonetheless, we're still at war.
- Your dinner, made with ingredients from within 100 miles: Grist takes a look at urban farmers and locavores in various cities, including Forage in Silver Lake.
- County Supervisors are demanding answers about underreporting of children who died of abuse or neglect by the Department of Children and Family Services.
- What's the calorie count of popcorn at the movie theatre? The FDA may soon require businesses to list that information.
- Some are worried that illegal immigrants are registering to vote in San Bernardino County.
- Speaking of San Bernardino County, the Media News Group, which owns the SB Sun, Redlands Daily Facts and other L.A area papers like the Daily News, has a special section devoted to scandal within the county governnment.
- Can Cal Poly become 100% carbon neutral? They're trying.
- Speaking of which, a Valley solar company wants Mayor Villaraigosa's help in securing funding for green jobs.
- Please don't throw puppies into the L.A. River. It will make the internet unhappy.