Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- "It is time to turn the page," said President Barack Obama in a speech tonight announcing the end of the combat effort in Iraq. Nonetheless, we're still at war.
- Your dinner, made with ingredients from within 100 miles: Grist takes a look at urban farmers and locavores in various cities, including Forage in Silver Lake.
- County Supervisors are demanding answers about underreporting of children who died of abuse or neglect by the Department of Children and Family Services.
- What's the calorie count of popcorn at the movie theatre? The FDA may soon require businesses to list that information.
- Some are worried that illegal immigrants are registering to vote in San Bernardino County.
- Speaking of San Bernardino County, the Media News Group, which owns the SB Sun, Redlands Daily Facts and other L.A area papers like the Daily News, has a special section devoted to scandal within the county governnment.
- Can Cal Poly become 100% carbon neutral? They're trying.
- Speaking of which, a Valley solar company wants Mayor Villaraigosa's help in securing funding for green jobs.
- Please don't throw puppies into the L.A. River. It will make the internet unhappy.