LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Human remains have been found in the Santa Monica Mountains by park rangers checking out a former illegal marijuana field. L.A. County Sheriff's Deputies are looking to see if there is a connection to Mitrice Richardson, who disappeared in the area a year ago.
- A local court commissioner has granted actor Jennifer Aniston a restraining order against a man who traveled across the country to try to meet her. He's currently on a psychiatric hold.
- Great white sharks in Southern California waters are probably more common than you think.
- A study has found that attractive women are discriminated against in jobs where looks are not seen as important.
- Hospital workers: taking photos of a homicide victim and putting them up on Facebook is a really, really, really bad idea.
- "Six year's ago, Mike Masterson's pest control company responded to 35 bedbug calls in Los Angeles County. This year, the company will respond to about 31,000.
- Civil rights experts think San Bernardino County may end up under federal investigation over low voter turnout in some areas.
- Contest ends tonight! Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!
- And another great contest, which ends Friday. Want a box suite for you and three friends at the Greek Theatre? Enter here.