This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win a Box Suite for You & Friends for a Show at the Greek Theatre
You may not see them, but they are there. And they're pretty damn sweet. Behind the general seats at the Greek Theatre are a series of box suites, fit for four people. And they come with some nice perks like a personal waiter, access to the VIP deck and VIP parking (read: not stacked).
And now is your chance to live it up. You can win a box suite for you and three of your friends by commenting on this post with your best or favorite tip about attending concerts at The Greek. Maybe you know the best time to show up to get the best stacked parking spot, maybe the best experience is complemented by a nearby Los Feliz bar after a show, or maybe there's a beer/food line that's always short at the venue.
Whatever that is, let it be known in the comments section as your entry. The winner will be able to choose one of the following shows for their box suite experience: David Gray / Ray Lamontagne (September 7), Serj Tankian (September 18), Train (September 30) or Dane Cook (October 2).
There will be only one winner, so good luck! Full contest details are below.
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is to share a tip about attending a show at the Greek Theatre.
- Only one entry allowed per person per website.
- Comments will be accepted through Thursday, August 12th, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m.
- One qualifying comment on LAist will be chosen at random and the winner will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. The winner must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 12:00:00 p.m., Friday, August 13th, 2010 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at will call
Good luck and enjoy the show!
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.