LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- "Los Angeles is not a desert!" Here's why, according to L.A. River maven Jenny Price.
- Gov. Schwarzenegger's nominee for Chief Justice of California is Tani Cantil-Sakauye. If approved by a state commission and then by voters, she would be the first Asian-American in the job.
- A changing of the guard of sorts. As blogdowntown prepares its inaugural print issue, another downtown paper, the Los Angeles Garment & Citizen, prints its last.
- A Central Valley Republican Assemblyman who admitted he was gay earlier this year has apologized for voting against bills "that harmed lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people."
- Jailed Lindsay Lohan says no to visitations from her father, but mom can come.
- Did you see Inception? The home of Leonardo Di Caprio's character can be found in Pasadena.
- Two L.A. County Sheriff's who found a way to apparently cheat at their job in the jails have been fired.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook and via your RSS reader.