This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Jaywalking Your Way Into Debt
- Current Carolla co-pilot Danny Bonaduce will not be charged with felony battery for tossing "Survivor" contestant Jonny Fairplay onto a stage at the Fox Reality Really Awards Monday. Prosecutors said Fairplay "initiated contact and acted offensively." How much of a dude is Bonaduce for throwing a guy on a stage and getting the prosecutors to say the other guy was offensive?
- A man died today after his plane crashed into the median divider at the Cajon Pass on Interstate 15 in San Bernardino.
- New renderings of what Dodger Stadium will look like have been released. Out with the old, in with the new. Sounds good to me.
- During the past year, the LAPD has issued almost 10,000 citations on Skid Row. Tough on crime? KPCC tells us, most are for loitering and jaywalking
- A blind seal rescued in the Atlantic Ocean in February is heading for L.A., where the zoo will house the sightless mammal. Awesome!
- She lost the kids, now she might lose her dogs. PETA has chimed in on the Britney K-Fed detente. What's the over under on the number of days until the Grim Reaper comes calling for her soul, depriving her of the only thing she can still call her own?
- Lock your doors, close your windows Cerritos: a cat-burglar is on the prowl. Dude(tte)'s already hit 20 homes in three months. No word yet on if OJ Simpson is a suspect.
- If you're tired of watching regular ol' programs like The Office or Heroes on the tele, feel free to check out "Help! Fire!", a six-part video series produced by the LA Fire Department on its website. It's like Ken Burns, only hotter.
- David Beckham skipped Galaxy practice today to rest his sprained knee. When asked about his injury, the man on the street was shocked, reportedly asking: "Soccer is still happening?"
Pasadena's City Manager is resigning after 10 years on the job. She is reportedly joining the private sector. We don't know why she would wantto do that.Photo by kpe II via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr