Extra Extra: Local Transit, Sex Scandals, and More
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Over 1,300 illegal immigrants have been arrested and deported over the course of the past two weeks -- many are convicted criminals but many are just undocumented workers. No word on whether or not their bones will be used to build a road to nowhere.
- LA City Council Member Greig Smith makes a weekly public transportation effort -- but most city movers and shakers do not. LA CityBeat examines what kind of example is being set for citizens.
- San Francisco is working on a bike-share program similar to the ones that are successfully used in Europe. If it works there, can it work here in Los Angeles?
- Rape and assault are SO not hot this season, dude: LA-based designer Anand Jon has been brought to court on 59 separate counts of sexual assault.
- If you were stuck in traffic on the Southbound 110 this morning, here's why: one dead and four injured in a crash on the Harbor Freeway early this morning.
- So apparently she's been a big booty ho for years now: Kim Kardashian is involved in another sex scandal, this one involving naked pictures that were taken while she was still a teenager.
- Entertainment reporter and influential movie reviewer Gary Franklin died at his home in Chatsworth on Tuesday -- he famously gave Natural Born Killers a "Zero out of Ten" rating.
- Some residents are returning home after a massive landslide in San Diego's Mt. Soledad neighborhood damaged over fifty residences -- but 36 homes are still off-limits.
- Alyssa Milano is giving up on dating athletes. Aw, how cute, she thinks we care!