Extra Extra: Local Transit, Sex Scandals, and More
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Over 1,300 illegal immigrants have been arrested and deported over the course of the past two weeks -- many are convicted criminals but many are just undocumented workers. No word on whether or not their bones will be used to build a road to nowhere.
- LA City Council Member Greig Smith makes a weekly public transportation effort -- but most city movers and shakers do not. LA CityBeat examines what kind of example is being set for citizens.
- San Francisco is working on a bike-share program similar to the ones that are successfully used in Europe. If it works there, can it work here in Los Angeles?
- Rape and assault are SO not hot this season, dude: LA-based designer Anand Jon has been brought to court on 59 separate counts of sexual assault.
- If you were stuck in traffic on the Southbound 110 this morning, here's why: one dead and four injured in a crash on the Harbor Freeway early this morning.
- So apparently she's been a big booty ho for years now: Kim Kardashian is involved in another sex scandal, this one involving naked pictures that were taken while she was still a teenager.
- Entertainment reporter and influential movie reviewer Gary Franklin died at his home in Chatsworth on Tuesday -- he famously gave Natural Born Killers a "Zero out of Ten" rating.
- Some residents are returning home after a massive landslide in San Diego's Mt. Soledad neighborhood damaged over fifty residences -- but 36 homes are still off-limits.
- Alyssa Milano is giving up on dating athletes. Aw, how cute, she thinks we care!