Extra, Extra: DWP's Bloated Salaries Exposed
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A woman saved a man's life after spotting 79-year-old Blain Hudson lying on a hill near train tracks in Lancaster. The man had been missing for two days and, authority's said, would not have been discovered if it wasn't for the woman.
- A Wilshire Blvd. Episcopal church completed a 75-year stained glass window project detailing the history of Los Angeles. The project features images of Cesar Chavez, freeways, traffic and other historically relevant panes. Who says the Church is trying to forget its history?
- The head of the DWP makes how much?!? The average DWP employee makes over $75K and the head of the utility company makes over $340,000. Hey guys, how about you stop raising rates to pay for your Caribbean cruise?
- Dude comes to party. Dude pulls a knife at party. Dude gets kicked out of party. Dude runs over five people at party. Dude gets arrested for attempted murder. Dude!
- It was such a busy weekend in Los Angeles. What to do next weekend? Try getting to know the LA River with the Friends of the Los Angeles River.
- HBO is once againpushing the boundaries of television censorship. A new series features explicit sex scenes some say are gratuitous and unneeded, while others say are vital to the integrity of the story. I know what would allay concerns: shoot someone after sex. No one seems to have a problem with violence.
- How green is Hollywood? Yeah, turns out it might actually be a dark shade of yellow.
- In an effort to help people navigate the maze of Venice's canal system, the area is getting new signage. Not everyone is a fan.
- The baseball season came to an end today. The Dodgers decided that 162 games is just too long to play competitively, I suppose, but the Angels finished strong and will begin their series against the Red Sox Wednesday in Boston.
Photo by Lush.i.ous via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr