Extra Extra: One Million Trees? Not So Fast.
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Los Angeles is cleaning up after a wet weekend that drenched the southland and knocked out power to thousands.
- Want asthma? LAUSD is building seven new schools near freeways, despite scientific studies saying such construction could damage the children's lungs.
- Huell Howser is here. That's amazing!
- The city's neighborhood councils could be in for some major changes. Maybe now, you'll actually understand what they are.
- A Los Angeles man suspected of shooting his pregnant girlfriend in front of her two children surrenderedto police today.
- Stemming from an Aug. 6 accident in which she hit a car and walked away, Britney Spears has been charged misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run and driving without a valid license. She could get time.
- Continuing his green (and blue) push, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger addressed a United Nations summit on climate change.
- The chairman of the Cal State Long Beach journalism department on Friday was ousted after criticizing an idea broached by a college dean to eliminate print editions of the campus newspaper. He may have also been a poor leader.
- Foothill Cities Blog is sick and tired of "un-sweet" and "un-new" development in the area. In an attempt to highlight new projects that will be a boon for the area, readers can nominate their pick for the "sweetest new development".
- The Mayor's girlfriend is going back to work. Will she be covering the action at City Hall where the action is hot and the affairs are steamy? Nope.
- And how is the Mayor's One Million Tree initiative going? Eh, not so well.