- Today in Traffic: Not exactly local but we dig Jason Kottke's ponderings about different traffic cultures which includes some discussion of bike paths. That segues nicely into In the Oaks and their look at local bike possibilities. We've never actually been to Newhall and don't really know how to get there nor do we listen to LA's #1 Country station but KZLA is giving away free gas there tomorrow.
- While our Senators and Congresspeople debate immigrant worker policy in DC, Bob Huff is working on improving "Jessica's Law".
- Area food banks are struggling in a post-Katrina charity world.
- Gay.com spends three days in Los Angeles.
- File this under "Thank goodness we're staying home for Thanksgiving": Airport techs threaten to strike over the holiday weekend unless they get a pay raise like DWP workers. Meanwhile, those fat cat DWP workers are spending their riches on lighting all of Griffith Park.
Photo from the Doodah Parade courtesy of Buzznet's Los Angeles Buzzword.