Extra, Extra - As Predicted, We're In An "Electrical Emergency"
- LAX <--> JFK via Virgin Airlines began today.
- Are you flexing it? A stage 1 power emergency has been declared. If there are any superfluous lights on, turn 'em off. Get Flex Alerts via e-mail at www.fypower.org.
- Richard Jewel, the man cleared of the 1996 Olympic bombing, passed away today.
- The former home of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles that we know as St. Vibiana's Cathedral in Downtown got its cupola returned today thanks to the Los Angeles Conservancy.
- Starting Saturday, all Groundwork Coffees are going biodegradable. Cups, lids and utensils that is.
- A 14-year-old bicyclist was killed in Huntington Beach today while riding his bike in the bicycle lane.
- "Help worse crime ever: evil + out of mind: from Bush to neighbors using witchcraft + technology against people not belong to their religious group:"
- The Mayor and LAUSD went into a five-year partnership today creating a non-profit giving the city control over two clusters of schools.
- Matt LeBlanc and his former manager at odds over payment due during the airing of Friends. Yes, at odds, as in sue for a million dollars.
Photo by Tales of an LA Addict via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr