Extra, Extra: Obama Wins in Ireland
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The above photo piqued our interest--was it real or what? Here's what LAist Featured Photos contributor Tyler S. Andrews had to say: "The original photo was taken in Hollywood on Wilcox. I manipulated the photo in Photoshop. I added the color, human head, and grungy border. The original pic was just a shot of the meter and grey garage door." Cool.
- Remember all those videos of jailbirds performing the dance to Thriller and how you committed those crimes just to go to jail so you too can participate in the dance? Even us "free walking" citizens can now participate in not just an organized Thriller dance, but the world's largest Thriller dance.
- Teacher, Helper, Hard Worker, Community Supported, Meth Manufacturer - just some of the titles of former Shafter High School chemistry teacher, Jeff Scheidemantel. The former titles helped Scheidemantel avoid jail time for manufacturing methamphetamines in his lab from cold tablets.
- A preemptive Halloween style robbery went down in Huntington Beach at Mike's Liquor around midnight last night. A man entered the store with a devil mask while sticking a sawed-off shotgun in the owner's face, demanding money. He made off with $2,000 but left the owner with a scare and an insurance claim.
- No more Bunnies in Santa Monica. Playboy will sublet their studio space and move SM Editors to the Glendale offices.
- For some it's tough to decide between Obama/McCain, Biden/Palin, so why don't you make paper puppets out of them and stage fights. The winner gets your vote. By the way, if you bet on Barack in Ireland, congratulations on winning!
- Santa Monica residents are being asked to "T" or not to "T" Supporters of Prop. T believe that by limiting commercial develpment, traffic will ease, but others believe that this will just lead to a stunted city growth. What do you think?
- A couple in French Valley was found dead in their house today from an apparent homicide. Police are still looking into the cause.
- Don't be surprised that it is assumed that thousands of gay couples will wed directly following the fall of Prop 8.