This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: What National Debt?
- Congratulations, we won the race against the National Debt Clock. Now that portfolios are hemorrhaging and bleeding from all ends, our collective debt has become too big to fit on the National Debt Clock (developed by a USC alum). Gothamist translates the debt into layman's terms.
- Non-profits and mass letter writers listen up. Here are a few tips courtesy of green LA girl, to getting your almost-spam letters read.
- John Cusack's stalker was almost muscled into a plea deal by her lawyers but the judge intervened and now they go to trial. Her lawyers should have told her to not "Say Anything."
- After a demented sex offender in Santa Maria was convicted today to a 126-year sentence, he turned to his victim, smiled, and clapped his hands. Where he's going, there are no happy places.
- Ya know what? There's at LEAST 8 reasons to stop gay marriage!
- Food for thought - eat fatty foots, suppress hunger.
- If you don't see the white "walk" signal, stay put, Downtowners. The LAPD is increasing their "pedestrian enforcement" to snuff out the bad guys who cross the street whenever they want.