Extra, Extra: Freedom for All
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A 6-month-old baby was found crawling in Downtown LA this morning. When asked where her parents were, she declined comment and is now being held at the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services.
- 78 shoplifting incidents have occurred this year at the Third Street Promenade, far outweighing the 75 incidents in all of 2007. This is due to the slumping economy and businesses tendency to report more crimes based on Santa Monica's newly structured beats.
- Some pipe got nailed at the Playboy mansion when a man rammed his car into the front gates on two separate occasions in the past week. Officers arrested and released the man after the first crash and are looking into motive.
- Workers at LAX walked off the job today, impacting United, American, and Southwest Airlines (for now). The strike may affect all terminals and even spread to other airports.
- Steve Jobs passed away? Wait, this is just a foreshadowing obituary leaked online accidentally by Bloomberg. Whoops!
- A 16-year-old Tustin girl died in a car accident late last night. The 17-year-old driver was moderately hurt and CHP is turning over the case to the DA to file criminal charges.
- Hikers in Glendora - be careful because there is a hungry mountain lion out there. The mountain lion already charged down an embankment earlier this week to catch a biker, but he sped away.
- And last chance before the end of the night. Enter our contest to win tickets to see Jack Johnson at UCLA this weekend!