Extra, Extra: We Ride
- Kevin Smith won his appeal to lower the rating of his new flick, "Zack and Miri Make a Porno," from an NC-17 to an R rating. Elizabeth Banks and (who else...) Seth Rogan star in the film which will most likely bring A LOT of skin to the big screen.
- A drunk driver jumped a curb in Riverside and killed a mother right in front of her husband and son. The accident happened last night around 10 p.m. and the suspect, Javier Hernandez, was put behind bars in lieu of a $150,000 bail
- Here ye, Here ye! All illegal aliens (even those who have lost in immigration court). You have a get out of jail free card, please go directly to Santa Ana or San Diego and deport yourself.
- UCLA students, did you hear the gunshots this morning? If you were freaking out, we guess you skipped class the past few weeks and didn't get the memo on the mock FBI training drill.
- Police were called to an Encino house for an assault call this morning. A man involved in the assault emerged from the house brandishing a shotgun, forcing officers to fatally shoot him.
Yeah, Journalists are unhappy that their newspapers are dying and the Blogs are taking over, but they don't have to be jerks about it. "Journalist," Dana Parsons, spewed cliché after cliché after cliché about how lazy bloggers would cover city council meetings today in his twice-a-week column. NEWS FLASH – Ironic Timing News - LAist Editor/BLOGGER/Sherman Oaks City Council member, Zach Behrens, just posted his coverage of a city council meeting today. Strange, there's no detection of disinterest or signs of a Blogger that can't seem to pinpoint the meeting's facts...
- So what's the deal with the high speed train that was the hot-button a while back? All the facts, past and present can be found on the California High Speed Rail Blog.
- A bar fight left one man dead and his murderer is now going to serve 12 years behind bars. Jean Pierre Castellanos, 24, of Anaheim was found guilty of voluntary manslaughter of Timothy Matthew Jones, 26, at Big Shots Billiards on May 7, 2007.