Extra, Extra: Enjoy That Walk, Angeleno
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Despite protests to the contrary, turns out a majority of Californians support gay marriage and would oppose a ban to limit marriage to one man and one woman. Put that in your Christian right pipe and smoke it.
- If you play for the New England Revolution MLS club, not only are you asked to know how to kick a ball and defend mid-fielders, you also have to know how to kick some ass, apparently. "An American Airlines flight from Boston to Los Angeles was diverted to Oklahoma City on Friday after a passenger stripped, put his clothes back on and then tried to open an emergency exit door before being subdued by members of a Major League Soccer team on board," KNBC reported.
- An LAPD is in stable condition this evening after an early morning incident in which the off duty cop was stabbed during an altercation at a San Pedro bar. Several people jumped the officer for reasons unknown at this time.
- We can't talk on our cell phones while driving anymore, but at least we can text. Or can we? A bill to ban sending text messages while driving, written by a northern Californian Assemblyman, is making its way through the legislature.
- For all those who s t i l l think Los Angeles isn't all that walkable, may I present Exhibit A? Thank you and enjoy your walk.
- That wasn't a solar eclipse for those of you living on the east side and K-town; just a good ol' fashioned power outage.
- A small inferno around Tujunga is under control today after firefighters extinguished the blaze that had charred 15 acres. Firefighters are still on the scene to ensure there are no more flare-ups.