Extra, Extra: Hate Potholes?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Steve “Road Sage” Hymon is taking over the LA Times ever popular Bottleneck Blog and as one of his first orders of business, he’s looking for nominees for “Pothole of the Week.”
- Tina, a 7-foot-long 100 pound American alligator just celebrated her 10th year as the most unusual resident of the Pasadena Humane Society. The Society picked up her in 1998 when Tina was homeless in what was supposed to be a temporary arrangement. But the mellow creature soon fell into the hearts of employees and visitors and now calls her 150 sq. foot enclosure home - right next to the Chihuahuas and Terriers.
- George Takei (Mr. Sulu from Star Trek) is finally marrying his longtime boo, Brad, and the whole Enterprise crew was invited to share in the festivities. Oh, everyone except Shatner.
- In what could be a misplacement of a pink teddy bear – Kurt Cobain’s ashes were (apparently) stolen from Courtney Love’s Los Angeles home recently. No Keith Richards jokes!
- A writer at Metblogs is speculating that San Francisco 49ers may come to LA. That is, if a few plans fall through first.
- The Summer concert series is back at the Santa Monica Pier! Opening night on June 26th will feature The Bonedaddys and Crown City Rockers and the summer will close out on August 21st with a performance from Toots & the Maytals. All other performers can be found temporarily under "What's Happening" on the SM Pier site, but will soon be available at the Twilight Dance Series homepage.
- A Pacoima carjacker got ironically jacked and held for Police by a few citizens after crashing a stolen GMC Sierra into a few parked cars and a mail truck, injuing one. No word on if charges would be pressed against the mob who beat the carjacker.
- A former X Games skateboarder, Brian Keith Patch, will be arrained tomorrow for having sex with a 15-year-old girl. The girl, who is also a skateboarder, ran away from her home last month and was staying with Brian when the incident occurred. Seems like Brian's former Guinness world record for longest air on a skateboard will be slightly overshadowed now...