Extra, Extra: We're All Animals
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Are you smarter than the governor of California? State Sen. Dean Florez has proposed a bill calling on Gov. Schwarzenegger to take the high school exit exam to show him how important education funds are. The state is mired in a$8 billion debt and some have called for cuts to educating as a way to get California out of its fiscal crisis.
- Bet your sexual frustration never looked like this: A fur seal, in an an unprecedented move of cross-mammal coitus, tried to have sex a king penguin in Antarctica. And the cameras were there! Is it not voyeurism if it's for science?
- If you think that Cinco de Mayo is the big event Monday, think again. Tom Cruise (or some variation there of) is set to launch a website on May 5, Hollywood Newsroom reports. The countdown is already on at TomCruise.com, and theories about who runs the site and what it will look like abound.
- Sean Combs hasn't ruled out suing the crap out of the Los Angeles Times for what turned out to be a false article on Tupac that accused Diddy of orchestrating the hit. "It's not personal, just business," Combs said.
- Details are murky, but LAPD officers reportedly shot and killed a man late last night in South Los Angeles.
- A 17-year-old Long Beach woman gave birth in a shower Friday. Alone. Then walked to the hospital to have the umbilical cord cut. Both the child and mother are OK.
- A man was dragged 75 feet to his death this morning in Orange County. The driver was a man who had been asked to stop peeing on a wall moments earlier "out of respect."
- Lock your doors, Valley-ites. The Daily News reported that home burglary rates have jumped nearly 20 percent in some parts of the San Fernando Valley, something that could be chalked up to the withering economy. At least we taxpayers have our stimulus checks to look forward to. That's going to solve everything.