Extra Extra: Welcome to Liberty City
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Have you been talking about anything else this week? Grand Theft Auto 4 is set to break all kinds of records today.
- Not only are they ugly, they are hazardous to your health! New safety warnings are being issued for Mario Batali's signature footwear, Crocs.
- More first-person reports from the Los Angeles Times Book Festival over at LA Observed.
- Some badass large-scale guerrilla artwork is sweeping the city thanks to Ron English and his Billboard Liberation Front.
- OMG even dead guys have sex tapes now! Vivid Video is releasing an ancient tape featuring none other than Jimi Hendrix: "The Los Angeles-based adult entertainment company said they obtained the footage of the music legend shot in a hotel room about 40 years ago from a memorabilia collector."
- California could be banning the mild hallucinogenic salvia: "Some said legislators are overreacting to a minor problem, but no one disputes that the plant impairs judgment and the ability to drive."
- Calabasas-based mortgage lender Countrywide "continues to spew red ink," losing millions in the first quarter of this year, as the housing market continues its best Amy "Downward Spiral!" Winehouse impression.