Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- See, I prefer the silent treatment to the stabby treatment: "A woman was in custody today for allegedly fatally stabbing her boyfriend during an argument at their South Los Angeles home."
- Watch out, flight-goers: get drunk and mean on a plane ride, and your fellow passengers might just duct-tape you to your seat! It happened to one Orange County man on a flight from Hong Kong to LAX.
- Nikki Finke is claiming she has breaking news regarding SAG-AMPTP talks -- keep refreshing the page for the latest over at Deadline Hollywood Daily.
- Piss off a Gypsy, get set on fire. (P.S., we have a Gypsy community in Los Angeles? Man, we really do have it all!)
- Are more toll roads in the works for Los Angeles? CurbedLA investigates: "$213 million has been offered to LA, now city and county transpo officials would have to agree to convert carpool lanes into toll lanes that anyone could drive on—at a cost."
- A stand-off in Chula Vista between police and a man claiming to have an explosive strapped to his body has ended without injury this afternoon.
- There's a free Green Building Expo this weekend in Santa Monica if you want to learn about things like water conservation techniques and sustainable interior design. Siel at the Emerald City blog has the scoop!
- Airport news: JetBlue is doubling its flights out of Burbank starting this May, while Southwest is set to cut back on its Burbank service.