Extra Extra: Go Green!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Want to read an article by somebody who actually doesn't have their head up their ass re: the whole "eating sustainably" thing? Get thee over to NY Times, where Michael Pollan tells you why you should bother about the whole Green problem.
- Hey guys? When she says "I'm dating someone else" or "It's getting late, I should go," that means "I DON'T FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE, GET OFF MY NUTS." There. Clarity!
- An Olympic ice dancer was drugged with GHB at an Orange County hotel a few weeks back.
- Are there financial troubles a-brewing in the city's birthplace, El Pueblo de Los Angeles? "Recently the hours at four of the monument's museums were drastically slashed, a move attributed to the need to lower budgets in all city departments." LA Downtown News has the scoop.
- Housing woes are about as popular as energy woes lately: Only a third of the estimated 110,000 homes entering foreclosure are expected to avoid losing their properties.
- Somebody really wanted their crazy chicken: "last night at an El Pollo Loco a restaurant employee and a pregnant woman got a little more after a hit-and-run driver lost control of her vehicle and crashed into the side of the fast food restaurant, leaving them injured."
- A 19-year-old man turned himself in after involving himself in the shooting deaths of two men outside a Compton church. On Sunday morning, the victims, one in a wheelchair and the other pushing it, were leaving the church when gunfire erupted.
- A minor 3.1 magnitude Earthquake hit south of Bakersfield in Ludlow shortly before 5 p.m. this afternoon.