Extra Extra: They're Coming For Your Brain, But They Will Leave With Your Head
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- A SWAT standoff in Glassell Park ends peacefully: "About 11:30 a.m., the man who was the object of the search warrant was found hiding in a vehicle outside the home and arrested....The identity of the man, who is in his 40s, was not immediately released."
- Wherefore the taco trucks? The latest in STUPID legislation: the LA County Board of Supervisers may be cracking down on vendor trucks that stay parked in the same spot for "too long."
- Baseball games are being called because thieves are stealing copper wire from park lighting systems. What, did Francisco d'Anconia go on strike or something? Sheesh.
- Ooooh! Check out CurbedLA's artist renderings of the fancy new Van Nuys airport terminal!
- Hey, FYI: this is why gang members really suck. Some guy shoots his friend, then uses the same weapon to fire on Glendale police officers. He's dead, and so is his friend. There's no moral here, just total insanity and fucked-up-ness.
- If a roomate-matching website requires information on sexual preference & racial identification, is that discrimination? "The court found that Roommates.com required users to answer discriminatory questions as a condition of using the site"
- I mean, dude, if you're gonna drink and drive, avoid the trees. And Camarillo! Avoid Camarillo. Also, don't be a policeman. I mean. Come on. A UCLA assistant police chief was arrested for a DUI after driving into a tree in Camarillo.
- The rain has come...and gone just as quickly. No more soft-shoeing through puddles for you. Le sigh.