This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: Primary Night, Take Two!
- It's all about last minute campaigning for the Democrats in Ohio and Texas; as of this writing, both primaries are still too close to call (Obama & McCain have taken Vermont).
- More updates on this morning's story about Margaret Seltzer, the author who fabricated a "memoir" about growing up as a white, female gangbanger in L.A.'s South Central.
- Congrats to LATimes.com! They hit over ONE HUNDRED million page views for the month of February, a record for the paper's online arm. Way to score one for new media, guys!
- A six-year-old boy was shot in the head near the Del Amo shopping center today; he was riding in a car with relatives when a pedestrian opened fire.
- Now that Warner Bros. is "folding" New Line into their greedy little arms,what happens to New Line's scripts? "As a 'transition team' reshapes the new New Line division into something more like Dimension Films or Screen Gems, many scripts in its possession are going to have to move out."
- A man in Claremont killed himself after wounding his wife during an argument: the woman was rushed to the hospital, but remains in stable condition.
- A Metrolink train crashed into a tractor-trailer in Camarillo today, no injuries were reported.
- How about some frivolity today? You like frivolity? I do! Well here's a chuckle for ya: KFed is getting fat! It must be stress weight.
- Conversations on foster care...at an Oscar party? Via LA Weekly.