Extra Extra: Enjoy the Sunshine, L.A.
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Shivering puppies can remove their little sweaters: it was warm today, wasn't it? 80 degree weather, when it was cold and rainy a mere 48 hours ago. We're not complaining.
- Naomi Campbell was hospitalized in Brazil this week...no, not for "exhaustion," but for treatment and removal of a small cyst. Man, that's so uncontroversial!
- Good news for the Lake show: Yao Ming is out for the season, "because of a stress fracture in his left foot, placing the Rockets' postseason chances and their 12-game winning streak in jeopardy."
- Updated Macbooks are coming! You knew they were gonna do this: the new MacBook and MacBook Pro models will have 512MB of video memory, and that fancy new multi-touch track pad.
- Maybe she should just have a baby and be done with it? Paris Hilton is sad and lonely, and so has decided to star in a new reality tv show in which she seeks out a new Best Friend Forever!
- Guy goes into drug-induced fit of rage. Guy beheads famous old screenwriter. Guy takes head over to doctor's house. Guy stabs doctor. Guy gets caught. Guy is super super super fucked.
- Home prices in Los Angeles dropped almost 14% in 2007, although this doesn't explain why even households making 100k+ still can't afford a mortgage. Experts predict that prices still haven't hit rock bottom.
- Debbie Does Dallas? Try "Laurie's Toilet Show": an L.A.-based porn producer is set to go on trial for federal obscenity charges arising from his poop-themed videos.
- First champagne, now cheese! The new LA Times local hardcopy blog, LA Now, is writing about some ridiculously named European court which has ruled that only cheese made in the Italian region of Parma will be allowed to bear the moniker "Parmesan."