This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: Don't Say We Didn't Warn Ya
- As reported this morning, the body of a dead woman was left in a van with the windows down in a spot reserved for police in Pomona. The police told the owners of the car to pick it up or it would be towed. Oops. Now, SFist is reporting a similar case where police impounded a van with a dead body of a man in it.
- Were you just thinking about how glad you are the rainy season seems to be over? Well sorry to break it to you, bub, but it looks like more showers are on their way this weekend.
- "Semi-Pro" star Will Ferrell gave sister site Austinist an awesome interview today. Now if only Zach Galifianakis would return our phone calls...weep...weep.
- The Pentagon could attempt to shoot down a wayward spy satellite tomorrow morning, as it continues to hurtle towards Earth: "The craft's fuel tank could survive re-entry and its hydrazine rocket fuel could disperse on impact, imperiling public safety."
- An officer and the Crip who loved her: a probation officer and her gang-banger boyfriend have been arrested on charges of trafficking narcotics, including crack and cocaine.
- Three possible anti-Semitic hate crimes are suspected in the Valley, "including an incident in which someone dropped a Molotov cocktail at the Bernard Milken Jewish Community Campus."
- Just in case you are the one person who hasn't seen them five million times today: LINDSAY LOHAN'S BREASTS. Sheesh.
- Yet another quake hit the U.S.-Mexico border today: this one a magnitude 5.0 centered around Calexico.