This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: The Hott February Edition!
- The Metropolitan Water Board is set to approve a controversial new "drought plan" for Southern California.
- More updates on the tragic Oxnard shooting that has left one student seriously injured and possibly dead.
- Twelve top Defamer posts from outgoing editor Mark Lisanti, via...some guy's Tumblr account. Teh internets!
- Are you a lazy asshole? But a romantic lazy asshole? Well, check out last minute V-Day flower bargains from the Daily News' Bargain Hunter Blog.
- File this under "Ew": A Camarillo accountant has gotten himself into a sex scandal involving an under-age boy.
- Mario Batali tells bloggers to suck his dick. No offense, dude, but I heard it's kinda small anyway. (Does he know Anthony Bourdain has a blog? This could get gross real fast.)
- I know, I know, there hasn't been a hot guy on this show since Jason from Boston (rowr!!), but you can head over to the MTV website to vote on your favorite hotties (and notties) from all fifty-eight seasons of the Real World.
- Like sister, like brother: Paris Hilton's little bro Barron gets a DUI, he's only 18. Awww so cute he thinks he's Paris-people!
- Earlier today, we wrote about the possibility of speed cameras (like red light enforcement photos) being allowed in California. Chime in on the conversation.
Photo by Tha_Sco via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.