Extra Extra: Rudy, We Hardly Knew Ye
RUDY GIULIANI leaves after announcing that he has dropped his bid for the Republican Presidential nomination and is now supporting JOHN McCAIN at the RONALD REAGAN Presidential Library where the Republican Debate is being held.
- Don't forget to join the LAist staff next week at our Super Tuesday Party at Seven Grand in downtown Los Angeles! Come out to drink with us, watch the primary race unfold, and even tell off your least favorite writer to his or her face!
- LAist also liveblogging the Democratic debates in Hollywood today...if you haven't noticed. You've probably noticed. Because you're very smart!
- Is Heath Ledger's biography being whitewashed by his PR flacks? I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything particularly scandalous about smoking five joints per day.
- Police are investigating a recent crime spree at UCLA...what I love about this story, though, is that every single victim thus far has managed to fight off his or her attackers. Go Bruins!
- Speaking of UCLA...they've hauled Britney in for the old NPI treatment. I wish they could do the same for my boyfriend's crazy ex-girlfriend. Stop calling my man, ya freaky Ayn-Rand-reading bitch!
- A pair of teenage carjackers led police on an hour-long chase across South Los Angeles earlier today.
- The letter-grade system for Los Angeles restaurants is officially in its tenth year -- EaterLA checks out some statistics that show that the program really does work! Especially for Jonathan Gold, who goes by the "B or Lower" rule most of the time.