This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra: Rudy, We Hardly Knew Ye
RUDY GIULIANI leaves after announcing that he has dropped his bid for the Republican Presidential nomination and is now supporting JOHN McCAIN at the RONALD REAGAN Presidential Library where the Republican Debate is being held.
- Don't forget to join the LAist staff next week at our Super Tuesday Party at Seven Grand in downtown Los Angeles! Come out to drink with us, watch the primary race unfold, and even tell off your least favorite writer to his or her face!
- LAist also liveblogging the Democratic debates in Hollywood today...if you haven't noticed. You've probably noticed. Because you're very smart!
- Is Heath Ledger's biography being whitewashed by his PR flacks? I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything particularly scandalous about smoking five joints per day.
- Police are investigating a recent crime spree at UCLA...what I love about this story, though, is that every single victim thus far has managed to fight off his or her attackers. Go Bruins!
- Speaking of UCLA...they've hauled Britney in for the old NPI treatment. I wish they could do the same for my boyfriend's crazy ex-girlfriend. Stop calling my man, ya freaky Ayn-Rand-reading bitch!
- A pair of teenage carjackers led police on an hour-long chase across South Los Angeles earlier today.
- The letter-grade system for Los Angeles restaurants is officially in its tenth year -- EaterLA checks out some statistics that show that the program really does work! Especially for Jonathan Gold, who goes by the "B or Lower" rule most of the time.
Photo by Sundogg via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.