Extra Extra: Is It Time to Go Home Yet?
Time is running out to keep LAist funded.
It's the FINAL DAY of our June Member Drive and we are behind on our goal to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Plus, your gift's impact will be twice as strong because it will be matched dollar for dollar!
- A body was found yesterday afternoon in the Angeles National Forest, off Highway 2 near Big Pines. The identity of the person has not been revealed.
- Now you can get all the penis-biting snake action you want on the web: the next "Jackass" sequel is set to premiere on the web through Blockbuster's new online movie service.
- In New Jersey, the state assembly has voted to outlaw the death penalty, "poising the state to become the first since 1965 to eliminate capital punishment.The state Senate earlier this week also voted to end executions and replace them with sentences of life in prison without the possibility of parole."
- Do not mix illegal camping with alcohol and fires! Arrests are being made in the Malibu Corral Canyon arsons: "the suspects were having an illegal late-night campfire near a cave when the blaze broke out. Investigators found evidence such as alcohol containers, food wrappers and bundled fire logs."
- The contest for Rufus Wainwright and Belinda Carlisle on New Years Eve ends tonight! Enter to win! Enter to win!
- LA Weekly reports on gang activity in LA and elsewhere -- it's bad and getting worse.
- So the Golden Globe noms were announced...but if the writer strikes are still going, who's gonna show up for the ceremony? Wow I actually might watch this year. Is that wrong?
- ESPN is on top of fallout from the this morning's report on steroid use in the big leagues: "Baseball slow to react."
Photo by Osmany Rodriguez via Flickr