Extra Extra: Accursed Be He Who First Invented the Paparazzi!
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- It's time we all realized something very very important about Britney Spears. Something incredible. Something -- redemptive, even. Much like Tamburlaine, she has been sent by God as a scourge to rid our fair city of its vermin-like paparazzi, one crushed foot at a time. Thank you, Britney. Thank you.
- Looks like the ArcLight at the Sherman Oaks Galleria might be up and running! Now us Valley kids don't have to cross the big bad hill in order to pay $14 for our movies. How nice!
- In one of the first sexual assaults to happen on the campus in three years,a female student was attacked at El Camino College earlier this week. Anyone with information on the attacker is urged to contact campus officials and police.
- Make-up artist to the stars Monty Westmore died Tuesday of prostate cancer at the age of 84. He was Joan Crawford's personal make-up artist and was nominated an Oscar in 1992 for his work on "Hook."
- A City planning commission passed an awesome new initiative that requires all new building in Los Angeles to cut energy use by 5%: "half of construction materials would have to be made from recycled material, and low-irrigation landscaping would be mandated for lots above 1,000 square feet."
- Lindsay Lohan goes to jail in Lynwood for approximately an hour and a half. A nation yawns. (Incidentally, isn't LiLo looking like a beat-up forty-year-old lately? Ick!)
- A 21-year-old Carson man was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle in Huntington Park -- and then another car ran over him as he lay on the ground. Family members are outraged.
- Instead of the hoped-for $2-billion budget reserve that the Guvnah had promised, California is facing a $10-billion budget shortfall, no thanks to the slowing economy and collapsing housing market.
- Plans are afoot to create a "Downtown Saigon" in the Little Saigon area of Westminster; developers hope the area will be "an enclave that serves as the emotional and ideological capital of Vietnamese all over the world."
Photo of The Hotel Cafe by Ross Reyes, exclusive to LAist