Extra Extra: Why is the World So Weird Today?
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The more we learn about the Temecula shooting that left five people dead, the sadder the story becomes: three of the victims of Sunday's shooting were a mother and her two teenage daughters; the remaining two dead were the mother's boyfriend and his son.
- A group of men in a Honda Civic opened fire on the driver of a truck on the 91 freeway today; road rage may be the culprit. The victim sustained mild injuries and refused medical assistance.
- Who you gonna call? Drought Busters! The major will be reactivating a program to issue advice to citizens regarding water conservation -- so turn off those sprinklers and stop washing down your sidewalks!
- How do you not see a sixty-foot articulated orange bus? A motorist ran a red light and hit the Orange Line this morning.
- Paparazzo-on-paparazzo violence! Britney to blame! Etc, etc! There is so much wrong with this sentence we don't even know where to begin: "A paparazzo on a motorcycle was injured today when another paparazzo in a Range Rover made an illegal right turn and struck the man."
- Why is this damn baby all over the friggin internet? You'd think Gerber was on strike, not the writers.
- Oh, and speaking of strikers: now seems to be a good time to grow a beard. In solidarity, of course. Itchy, itchy solidarity.
- You know what? Screw all you guys. I'm going home. To play video games. More specifically, downloadable games from the original XBox for the new XBox 360, available from XBox Live. Fable, here we come!
Photo by Ross Reyes, exclusive to LAist