This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra Extra - Why Wouldn't You Have a Crush on LA?
- Bring popcorn: The MacArthur Park Task Force's first meeting is Monday at 6pm at Charles White Elementary School, 2401 Wilshire Blvd. - NBC4
- Was the Griffith Park Fire a pro-development conspiracy? - blogging.la
- George Michael to star in an upcoming sitcom called "Ellie Stone" - Entertainment Wise
- UCLA has done the right thing with 5,700 old pictures of Los Angeles - they're letting everyone use them - LA Observed
- Three years ago today, Alex Cora fouled off 14 consecutive pitches and then blasts the 18th pitch thrown to him for a two- run home run - LA Dugout
- The Cobra Snake does Japan - Cobra Snake
- Best back yard in the Valley? - Daily News
- Stop the presses: LAPD arrests rapper - Rap Weekly
- Not all Extreme Home Makeovers end up happily ever after - Star Tribune
- Someone bought a MegaMillions ticket on Friday in Hawthorne worth $112 million - NBC4
- NY Times film critic AO Scott admits his crush on LA - NYT
photo of LA City Hall, 1947, via UCLA, via Rebecca James