Win Tix to LA Chamber Orchestra's Silent Film Celebration!!
Photo courtesy of CharlieChaplin.com
“This is the picture that I want to be remembered by," Charlie Chaplin said of his film, "The Gold Rush," when it opened. Subtitled “A Dramatic Comedy,” the film finds Chaplin portraying a lone prospector who searches for love and acceptance in the frenzy of the great Klondike gold rush. The flick contains many of Chaplin’s most celebrated comedy sequences, including the boiling and eating of his shoe, the dance of the dinner rolls, and the teetering cabin. In just over a week, on Sunday, June 7th, the LA Chamber Orchestra will be doing something pretty cool with the silent film at UCLA's Royce Hall: they'll present the restoration print of Chaplin’s complete 1925 cut of the film with the musical score Chaplin composed for the film’s 1942 reissue.
It's all part of the orchestra's Silent Film Celebration and in honor of that, we're giving away up to 10 pairs of tickets (you can also buy them here, $35 each). To enter our contest, share with us your choice of the following in the comments section: your favorite silent film (you know, like Metropolis) and/or your favorite orchestral film soundtrack (Do you enjoy the classics from the likes of John Williams or Franz Waxman or do you dig the more contemporary workings of Thomas Newman's American Beauty score?).
More details and rules on the contest are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is that you share either, or both, your favorite silent film or favorite orchestral film composer.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The contest closes at 9:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009.
- Ten qualifying entries will be selected at random and will win a pair of tickets to the June 7th event. Winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. They must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 10:00:00 a.m., Thursday, June June 4th, 2009 or the pair of tickets will go to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at the will-call pick up at the theatre
Good luck and enjoy the show!