This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win Tix to this Weekend's FYF Fest!!
Photo by Jack Rodriguez/FYF Fest
Since there was so much enthusiasm surrounding last week's contest to win tickets to FYF Fest, we're doing it again! The one-day festival is this Saturday -- that's what we're giving away five pairs of General Admission tickets to -- but you should know that organizers just announced pre, post and after parties. On Friday night, the pre party will be held at the Grand Star in Chinatown where Delorean, Superhumanoids and some secret headliner will play. Then after the festival on Saturday, Big Freedia will headline a show at LA Cita in downtown. And if that was not enough, there will be two fan fests on Sunday -- one at the Glass House in Pomona featuring Panda Bear and The Goat, and the other at the Echoplex featuring The Rapture and Big Freedia. The info for all these shows can be found here.
As for winning tickets to the main festival on Saturday, here's the deal. Answer this question -- what was your favorite band when you were 18? -- either on this post's comment section, this Facebook comment section or both.
Full details of the contest are below.
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post and/or LAist's Facebook page link. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below
- The criteria of the comment is to answer this question: "What was your favorite band when you were 18?"
- Only one entry allowed per person per website (meaning you can enter once on LAist.com and once via this Facebook link).
- The contest closes at 11:59:59 a.m. on Friday, September 3rd, 2010.
- Two qualifying comments on LAist and three on the Facebook link will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login or via their Facebook account, respectively. Winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 5:00:00 p.m., Friday, September 3rd, 2010 or the pair of tickets will go to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at the will-call at the festival.
- If you won tickets via LAist's last FYF Fest contest, you cannot win this time.
Good luck and enjoy the show!