USC Imposes Sanctions on Men's Basketball
USC Trojans athletic director Mike Garrett announced self-sanctions on the the men's basketball program due to the OJ Mayo investigation today. Mayo with his affiliation with Rodney Guillory, who was deemed to be a booster under NCAA rules, was found to be ineligible for the 2007-2008 season, the only season he played for the Trojans.
Based on this the Trojans will:
- Vacate all wins from the 2007-2008 season.
- Return all money from the Pac-10 and NCAA Tournaments from the 2007-2008 season.
- Not participate in any postseason tournaments this season including the Pac-10 Tournament.
- Reducing one scholarship this season and next season.
- Reducing one coach allowed for off-season recruiting this summer.
- Reducing the number of recruiting days from 130 to 110 for the 2010-2011 season.