This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy performs solo at the Henry Fonda Theater at 9 PM. Doors open at 8 PM.
• The King of California, Dave Alvin, performs tonight at McCabe's Guitar Shop with Mike Stinson. The show starts at 8 PM and tickets are $20.
• Spaceland features the reunited original 1985 lineup of the LA punk band The Leaving Trains, performing with Falling James and Dirty Little Secret. Doors open at 9 PM.
• High on Fire is at The Echo tonight with 400 Blows. Tickets are $10 advance, $12 at the door, and doors open at 9 PM. [18+]
• The Egyptian Theatre hosts a Billy Wilder double feature tonight, showing Sunset Boulevard at 7:30 PM, immediately followed by Double Indemnity.
• At LACMA, Matt Dukes Jordan will "preside over a collection of contemporary artists," all of whom are featured in his new book Weirdo Deluxe: The Wild World of Pop Surrealism and Lowbrow Art. The event begins at 7 PM.
Click here to see our complete listing of weekend events.