The Revolution Has Started
• Grab your sweetheart and grease up your pompadour, because the Sweet and Tender Hooligans are performing Meat is Murder in celebration of the album's 20th anniversary at the Knitting Factory. Tickets are $15 and the show starts at 8 PM. (All proceeds are being donated to the Lange Foundation, which finds loving homes for cats and dogs that live in shelters.)
• Who doesn't love Jonathan Richman? Find out, because they won't be there when he performs at King King with Dengue Fever tonight. Cover is $12.
• The Troubadour hosts Walls of Jericho, Bury Your Dead, Premonitions of War and Full Blown Chaos. Doors open at 7:30 PM and tickets are $12 at the door.
• The El Rey has jazz chanteuse Madeline Peyroux performing tonight, along with Carlos Guitarlos and Marcy Levy, at 7 PM. Tickets are $26.
• The Hotel Cafe has David Dondero, Reeve Carney, Cooper Thomson, The Chapin Sisters and Mieka Pauley beginning at 7 PM.
[Photo from Pictures from Rock West.]