Here are five songs that are topping our iTunes playlist this week...
- Kick back and relax with Death Cab for Cutie's I Will Follow You Into The Dark. Death Cab play the Wiltern on October 21.
- Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am teams with DMC and Sarah McLachlan on the Just Like Me. The unusual "Cats in the Cradle" cover is plucked from McLachlan's new Bloom remix CD. The collaboration is odd, but it works. Of course, MacLachlan could sing the phone book and it would still sound amazing. Catch Black Eyed Peas with Gwen Stefani on October 21 at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Amos Lee slows things down a notch in Speed of the Sound of Loneliness. Some call him the male Norah Jones. We think he's more interesting and less predictable than Jones. Check out his Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight EP. You can hear Lee at the Avalon on November 17.
- Depeche Mode returns to classic form with the solid single Precious. It sounds like a Violator-ULTRA hybrid track. If this is any hint at their forthcoming release, then color us happy. Dave Gahan's voice hasn't sounded this good in ages. According to their website, DM will play the Wiltern on November 21.
- Sample the slick production on Kanye West's Bring Me Down. He's defiant, critical and outspoken, as always.
What's in your iPod right now?