This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• Tonight at the Henry Fonda Theater, Sleater-Kinney will be performing with Mary Timony. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $18.
• Celebrate the grand opening of the Knitting Factory Front Room at 9:30 PM, featuring Monarch (Kill Me Tomorrow with DJ Pubes), DJ Statutory (of KXLU) and DJ Blake Miller (of Moving Units). Tickets are $5. [18+]
• Enjoy a night of comedy with Eugene Mirman, Paul F. Thompkins, Ron Lynch, Brendon Small, Langhorne Slim and musical guest My Barbarian tonight at Spaceland.
• LA's own John Doe performs tonight at The Fold at King King with Hangmen and Les Shelleys (Tom Brosseau and Angie Correa), beginning at 9 PM. Tickets are $12.
• Outfest Wednesdays at the Egyptian Theatre presents Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? at 7:30 PM.
• Adrienne Miller, literary editor for Esquire, presents and signs her debut novel The Coast of Akron at 7:30 PM tonight at Skylight Books.
• At Vroman's Bookstore, David Sedaris will discuss and sign Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim at 7 PM. We suggest arriving early, as tickets will be required for admission and the line-up begins at 4 PM.
Click here to see our list of events for the week.