This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
• International Pop Overthrow hits Spaceland tonight, featuring Carlos Torres and the Furious Five, Run Run Run, Bedroom Walls, The Slow Signal Fade, The Nervous Return, James Combs and Gwendolyn. Doors open at 9 PM.
• At Tangier, enjoy Devics with Great Northern and Tim O'Gara at 8:30 PM. Tickets are $10.
• The El Rey hosts Brendan Benson and the Robbers on High Street tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $19.50.
• Team Sleep is at the El Rey tonight with Idiot Pilot and Scene Index at 7 PM. Tickets are $16.
• Wendy & Lisa and Doyle Bramhall II perform tonight at Largo. Dinner reservations are booked solid, so show up early to get a seat. Doors open at 8 PM.
• As part of the "Once Upon a Time in Italy" exhibit opening this weekend, AFI at Arclight presents Sergio Leone's masterpiece, Once Upon a Time in the West, at 8 PM. A Q&A with Leone historian and author Sir Christopher Frayling will follow the screening.
• AIGA LA presents Fred Dust and Roshi Givechi of IDEO at the Skirball Center. The reception begins at 6:30 PM, followed by the presentation at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $15 members, $30 non-members (add $10 at the door). Register for tickets via the web or call (818) 558-3968.
• The Knitting Factory hosts Starflyer 59, Minus Story and Ahmaste at 8 PM. Tickets are $10.
• Bad Dudes, Upsilon Acrux, Oolahs and Some By the Sea perform at The Echo at 8 PM. Cover is $7. [18+]
• The White Stripes hit the Glasshouse at 8 PM. Tickets are $20.
• As part of the "Once Upon a Time in Italy" exhibit opening this weekend, AFI at Arclight presents Sergio Leone's, Once Upon a Time in America, at 8 PM. A Q&A with Leone historian and author Sir Christopher Frayling will follow the screening.
• The Knitting Factory features Geisha Girls, Glass Candy, Danava and Captain Ahab at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $8.
• Richard Buckner performs at El Cid with Anders Parker and Matt Costa. Tickets are $10 and the show starts at 9:30 PM.
• Head for The Scene to see Squab, Los Abandoned, Associate and Lyra. Cover is $8.
• Beyond Baroque presents poets Denise Duhamel and Lisa Glatt reading tonight at 7:30 PM.
• Author Jolene Siana reads from her new memoir, Go Ask Ogre: Letters From a Deathrock Cutter, during the release party tonight at Ghettoglass Gallery from 7-10 PM.
• Chris Isaak is at the OC Fair with Minnie Driver at 8 PM. Tickets are $19.99.
• Tonight is Night Vision: MOCA After Dark, when MOCA stays open late for art viewing, DJs, films, tours, artmaking and drinking, with a listening party featuring the jazz that inspired Jean-Michel Basquiat, as well as a screening of Downtown 81, beginning at 6 PM.
• The opening party for "Once Upon a Time in Italy... The Westerns of Sergio Leone" takes place tonight at the Museum of the American West, featuring events, talks and demonstrations from 10 AM - 5 PM.
• LA's own Dave & Deke Combo, The Lucky Stars and The Southerners are at The Derby. Doors open at 6 PM for two swing classes; cover is $15.
• The Pernice Brothers, Idaho Falls and Royal Gun are at the Knitting Factory at 8 PM. Tickets are $12.
• The Smart Gals are at it again, with the Dead Poets Slam Speakeasy tonight at the Mt Hollywood Underground from 8 - 10 PM.