LAist's Free Gig Guide
Grab a jacket, some friends and get out of the house. There are plenty of free gigs to keep you occupied.
- Catch Hot Club Quartette at Cafe Z in the Skirball Cultural Center followed by a free screening of Algeria in a Smile. The show starts at noon. Call (310) 440-4500.
- DJs Michael Stock and Benjamin White of Part Time Punks continue their residency at MOCA. The show starts at 6pm. It's free with general museum admission. Call (213) 621-1734.
- The Afro-Brazilian Drumming and Potluck features world percussion jams and food at Bang a Drum starting at 7:30pm. Admission is free, but this is a potluck, so bring food. For info, call (323) 936-3274.
- Mezzo-soprano Hermine Haselböck and pianist Florian Henschel perform songs by Alexander Zemlinsky for the LACMA Sundays Live Series. The show starts at 6pm. Call (323) 857-6234.
- Part-Time Punks present Ariel Pink, Indian Jewelry and Blood On The Wall at the echo at 10pm. For more info, call (213) 413-8200.
- Colored Shadows continue their residency at Spaceland. The doors open at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm. Call (323) 661-4380.
- Lavender Diamond continue their October residency at the echo. The show starts at 8:30pm. For details, call (213) 413-8200.
- The Words take the stage at the Silverlake Lounge at 11pm. Call (323) 666-2407.