This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LAist's Free Gig Guide
Unless otherwise noted, all shows are free of charge.
- Colored Shadows continue their residency at Spaceland. The doors open at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm. Call (323) 661-4380.
- John Marx & the Blues Patrol take the stage at Cozy's Bar & Grill. For info, call (818) 986-6000.
- Thom Rotella’s Jazz Quartet play at Hal's Bar & Grill at 9pm. Call (310) 396-3105 for more information.
- Lavender Diamond continue their October residency at the echo. The show starts at 8:30pm. For details, call (213) 413-8200.
- The Words take the stage at the Silverlake Lounge at 11pm. Call (323) 666-2407.
- Trumpeter Elliott Caine and pianist Sergey Kyosayan play at Revo Cafe in Glendale at 8 pm. For details, call (818) 549-0809.
- Listen to traditional Irish music at Finn McCool’s Irish Bar & Restaurant. Call (310) 452-1734.
- Dub Club play echodelic sounds of roots, rocksteady, ska, dub, dancehall, and reggae at the echo at 9pm. The show is free before 10pm. Call (213) 413-8200.
- Tina Stevens plays The Kibitz Room at 9pm. For details, call (323) 651-2030.
- Catch live Latin music from local artists every Thursday at Zona Rosa Caffe at 8:30pm. Call (626) 793-2334.
- Akbar's Dirty Dirty House Club features house grooves from DJ Tony Powell. Doors open at 9pm; admission is free before 10pm. Call (323) 665-6810.
- LACMA's Friday Night Jazz Series features the Bob Sheppard Quartet in the LA Times Central Court at 5:30pm.