This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LAist's Free Gig Guide
Grab your keys and leave your debit card at home. Unless otherwise noted, all of the following shows are free of charge.
- Catch the Susie Hansen Band at the Redondo Beach Pier at 6pm.
- Silversun Pickups play Spaceland at 9pm. (There's a $5 cover charge. However, you can get in free if you contact the band via myspace and request a ticket.)
- Trevor Hall & Anna Nalick take The Grove stage at 7pm.
- Hear The Willowz live at Amoeba Records in Hollywood at 7pm.
- LACMA's Friday Night Jazz Series features the Bobby Bradford Mo'tet in the LA Times Central Court at 5:30pm.
HONORABLE MENTION: We found one weekend show that isn't free. However, for the $5 cover charge, you get quite a bang for your buck. On Sunday, August 21, listen to Remote, El Ten Eleven, Huge and Colored Shadows at Cinespace. Doors open at 8pm. [ More info. ]