Lady Don't Tek No
• Brazilian Girls and Something for Rockets are at Avalon tonight at 8:30 PM. Tickets are $20.
• The Nervous Return are in the Knitting Factory Front Room with Tsk Tsk, The Cinema Eye, Shoot Out The Lights and This Blush. The show starts at 8 PM and cover is $7.
• Bay Area beat maestro Lyrics Born is at the El Rey with Ostrich Head, Noah King, Speech Impediments, Swamp House and Symbolic Language at 7 PM. Tickets are $17.50.
• Perennial indie icons Built to Spill are at the House of Blues Sunset with Ape Shade and the Sick Bees. Doors open at 8 PM and tickets range from $17.50 - $20.
• Locals The Idaho Falls and The Temporary Thing will be bringing the noise to Club Good Hurt (formerly the Billiard Inn) tonight at 8:30 PM. Also on the bill are Seismic, The Destruments and The Atma.
• A collection of Sundance Summer Shorts will be screened at the HAMMER Museum tonight at 8 PM, featuring big winners from past and present: Wasp, Five Feet High and Rising, Man About Town and Family Portrait.