LA Diary: Lots to See and Do
There's something for everybody in LA today:Sports Fans
• 6:30 pm : Odalis Perez, the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher
will be signing autographs, with a purchase of $35 or more from the Major League Baseball feature shop at Toys "R" Us,. 4/28/05 6:30 PM at Toys-R-Us – Los Feliz Blvd. Glendale, CA.
• 6:30 pm -7:00 pm : Jeremy Strick, Visual Music co-curator and MOCA director on Visual Music exhibit at MOCA GRAND AVENUE
• 6:30 pm -8:00 pm : Richard Meier, FAIA, gives lecture at LACMA-SOLD OUT but tix may be had if you loiter about looking sad
• 7:00 pm -9:00 pm : Artist and UCI Art Professor Connie Samaras speaks at Hammer Art Museum, Westwood. That's her work in the photo to the right.
• 7:00 pm : Kazuo Ishiguro discusses and signs "Never Let Me Go" at Vroman's Pasadena
• 7:00 pm :Screenwriter and author Mark Haskell Smith signs new book "Delicious" at Book Soup Sunset
• 8:30 pm : Word Nerd- narrative non fiction open readings at goundwork coffee 1501 N Cahuenga Blvd. Hollywood CA
Film/Pop Culture Fans
• 7:30 pm : WGA Spring Storytellers Series: Darren Star at Writers Guild Theater, 135 S. Doheny Drive Bev Hills reservations 323 782-4692 $25; $WGA members and academic faculty; $15 Students with ID
• 8:00 pm -10:00 pm : Experimental and documentary filmmaker DEBORAH STRATMAN at Echo Park Film Center 1200 N. Alvarado Street LA CA 90026 PH# (213) 484-8846
Friday, April 29th
• 7:00 pm -10:00 pm : In-Person Tribute To Ralph Bakshi at THE EGYPTIAN THEATRE 6712 Hollywood Boulevard (between Las Palmas and McCadden, just east of Highland Avenue Hollywood, CA.
• 7:00 pm : Stacy Schiff at Central Library
The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer explores the glory of Benjamin Franklin's eight years in Paris at the end of his life.