Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

Arts and Entertainment

John Travolta Denies Sexually Assaulting Cruise Ship Worker

shutterstock_travolta.jpg
Featureflash / Shutterstock.com
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.

It's been a few weeks since onetime cruise ship worker Fabian Zanzi filed suit against actor John Travolta, alleging the "Look Who's Talking" star forced him into naked embraces and offered him hush money. Now Travolta and his legal team are responding; they Travolta denies the accusations, and is asking for the suit to be dropped.E! News reports that in documents filed Friday, "Travolta admitted he was a passenger on the cruise around June 2009, but denied engaging in any type of sexual misconduct."

The allegations made by Zanzi are similar to the other claims filed against Travolta, in that the Royal Caribbean steward ended up alone with Travolta in a room, and that Travolta reportedly tried to turn an innocuous moment into something a little more. In the alleged Zanzi encounter, the steward claims he was sent to deliver food to Travolta's stateroom. Then:

Travolta allegedly asked for a neck massage. Zanzi claims when he reached for Travolta's neck, the actor dropped his robe and exposed his erect penis and then forcefully embraced him.

Zanzi says Travolta offered him $12,000 to keep quiet.

Support for LAist comes from

Travolta says no way, that didn't happen, and in addition to requesting the suit be dismissed, he wants Zanzi to pony up to cover the actor's attorney's fees.

Previously
Author of Bathhouse Sex Book Sues John Travolta for Sabotaging Book Sales
Look Who's Touching, Too: Third Man Says John Travolta Sexually Harassed Him
John Travolta Sued by Masseur for Alleged Sexual Assault